Saint John's Cemetery is not a large one. However, due to well thought out planning, there are plenty of spaces still available, both inground and columbarium. All inground lots have concrete vaults already installed. There are single depth lots and double depth lots available. Purchase of interment rights includes the preinstalled vault, opening/closing expense and a bronze marker on a granite base. A permanent trust has been established to assure perpetual care and beauty of the cemetery. Sale of lots is restricted to Episcopalians.
Saint John's Cemetery began sometime during the decade of the 1870's as a small Baptist cemetery. When the Baptist church moved farther east some years later, they abandoned the cemetery. Saint John's purchased the cemetery December 7, 1979. In 1982 Saint John's completely restored the beautiful wooded grounds, built a brick wall and wrought iron fence around the entire cemetery, constructed a wrought iron gazebo on the grounds, cleaned and re-set those markers that required attention. The earliest burial that can be identified by existing markers in the cemetery is that of William Lee Lowery, eight-year-old "son of W. B. and S. E. Lowery," who died September 12, 1877. Today, Saint John's Episcopal Cemetery is beautifully landscaped with towering oaks, flowering shrubs and seasonal flowers.
Gazebo Used for Committals. New Columbarium Niches
For additional information, call Stephen Nelson at 323-8597 ext.17 or email him at email@example.com