Mid-Week Adult Formation begins May 20th
Beginning Wednesday, May 20 at 8PM, Father Jay Biedenharn will begin the first of a series of online formation classes on How to Pray the Daily Office. The online class will be hosted via Zoom using the following link, which will also be included in the Parish Email each Thursday. Click here for the Zoom link required to attend the class. If you miss the live interactive class via Zoom, it will be recorded and posted for later viewing on our YouTube page: YouTube.com/StJohnsMemphis.
Read More »
“As we phase back into worship, I encourage you to do so at your own level of speed and safety. Our goal is to lessen the footprint on Saint John’s campus.”
The Rev. Jay Biedenharn
Beginning June 7th, there will be two services offered on Sundays, which will follow Morning Prayer order of worship:
- The 8:00am worship service is reserved for those parishioners deemed high-risk, which includes senior citizens, physically vulnerable and expectant mothers.
- The 10:30am worship service will be offered for live attendance worship, but also continue to be livestreamed online.
- There will be no Eucharist.
- There will be no Children’s Chapel, Nursery, cookies or coffee hour.
- Books of Common Prayer, Bibles or Hymnals will be removed from the pews.
- Order of Worship Bulletins will be available to individual worshipers
- A maximum capacity of 74 will be allowed in the nave for each service. All overflow will be seated in the Parish Hall.
- Clergy and worship leaders will wear protective face masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various stations and face coverings or masks are encouraged and appreciated.
- The worship space will be cleaned in between services.
- Ushers will be on hand to guide you to designated pews, which are marked 6’ apart. Families under one household will be seated together.
- The offering plates will not be passed, rather will be available at designated entry and exit points around the church.
- Our goal is to maintain a no-contact worship.
- Please do not contact others during the Peace.
- Please use self-distancing: avoid close contact, do not gather in groups and use the multiple access points around the church for entry and exit.
Read More »
Vacation Bible School remains on the calendar June 22-25th...with a twist. Crafts, activities and lessons will be boxed up and served "to-go style!" A cast and crew of characters will host VBS on Facebook Live throughout the week with skits, stories and songs. A festive carnival kickoff night is planned for Monday, June 22nd at Saint John’s to pick up your VBS Kits and celebrate the Summer. Online registration is now available. Register here!
Read More »