PLC OPEN to Parishioners ONLY in June!
The PLC will be OPEN for Parishioners ONLY during the month of June
Hours : Monday-Friday 6:00-9:00am
Masks must be worn at all times
Children’s masks encouraged but not required
Parents must accompany children at all times
Temperature will be taken upon arrival
Each person will be signed in by a staff member at the desk
If you are not registered you will present your driver’s license to be registered
Bring your own towel and mat for floor exercise
Equipment must be wiped down after use
Weight and cardio rooms will be limited to 3-4 people (30-minute time limit in each room if people are waiting)
Social distancing required in fitness rooms and on the track
Gym can be reserved during above hours for basketball, pickleball, or activity by a family (bring your own equipment). Pickle ball nets available
Contact Marietta Haaga to reserve gym 901-652-1896
Equipment will be cleaned between hours of operation
Showers NOT available
Come enjoy your Saint John’s PLC. We look forward to seeing you!
Moving in Faith Challenge June 1 - July 13
We have all been going through Covid-19 together. The last few months have been a different and challenging experience. The closing of schools, most businesses, and activities has kept us home bound and on our own to educate, worship, exercise, entertain, etc. as individuals and families. HOW ARE YOU DOING?
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN TOGETHER IN THIS JOURNEY BY TAKING THE MOVING IN FAITH CHALLENGE!
Join Saint John’s team as we compete against other churches in our community. Moving In Faith is a 6-week journey to a healthier mind, body and spirit through exercise, weekly prayers and scripture readings.
More than ever, it’s important to find ways to stay healthy. It will be fun to team up and challenge other congregations, friends and neighbors to work towards common health goals through daily exercise. Friendly team competition is a great way to stay connected and motivate one another.
Moving In Faith begins June 1 and is for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.
Each church will be a team. The Recreation Director from each church will serve as its team captain.
- Teams will compete for the most points accumulated throughout the journey (highest team average based on # of participants per team).
- Individual team members accumulate points for his/her team for each minute of exercise completed. (Run, walk, swim, dance, yoga, tai chi, Zumba, row, bike, elliptical, strength training, tennis, golf, etc; Please Note…points can be earned ONLY by walking 9 or 18 holes, not riding in a cart.)
- Team captains will email team members weekly scripture readings, prayer and motivational quotes for reflection and team updates.
- Team members will email team captain weekly with number of individual points earned for his/her team.
- Once registered, training logs and more information will be emailed to you.
You don’t have to be a member of Saint John’s to participate so please invite others to join the journey. There is NO fee to participate.
More information will follow with training logs, weekly inspirations and scripture readings. These will be available at www.stjohnsmemphis.org. You will be updated weekly with team points accumulated and high lights of accomplishments of individuals and families on our team.
This is a challenge so we are counting on YOU to join our Saint John's team.
Get ready to Get Moving! Register Today! Email marietta [at] stjohnsmemphis [dot] org