From The Rev. Jay Biedenharn
The Feast of All Saints’ Day
November 1, 2021
Dear Parish Family,
On this All Saints’ Day we remember those who have handed Saint John’s down to us as we prepare to enter an exciting new era at the corner of Central and Greer. We write to ask you to make a financial commitment for 2022. Our goal is to raise $1.5 million dollars. With your support in the year ahead, we will continue the amazing work God has started here at Saint John’s Episcopal Church.
It is impossible to express how much your financial support means to our parish. In these uncertain days, giving has actually increased. Your giving demonstrates the impact Saint John’s has had on your life. We want you to know how important you are to this parish, and we want to give a short summary of what we have achieved in 2021 with your generosity.
- Our perennially popular Soul Suppers returned with wonderful guest speakers.
- Our Fall Festival and Chili Cook Off was a smashing success. Many of you were able to meet Michel Swanigan, our new Director of the Parish Life Center.
- We hired Molly Graham and Katie Seage to join Allison Pace’s Parish Family Team.
- Mother Miranda’s Thursday morning Bible study has begun to gather in person again.
- We supported ministry partners with $30k in grants given to 25 organizations.
- We hired Deacon Debbie McCanless.
- 40 people were confirmed, reaffirmed, and received into the parish. We have baptized 21 new Christians.
- We have installed a PTZ camera for a much-improved live stream worship experience.
We stand at the threshold of a new era at Saint John’s. We are working with the vestry to form a strategic vision to capture this exciting moment in our parish history. We need your pledge of financial support for 2022, so that we can be a parish that forms Christians, loves each other, makes a difference for Memphis, and is a witness to Jesus Christ. You will find a pledge card enclosed. Would you please join us?
Father Jay Biedenharn, Rector
McCown Smith, Stewardship Co-chair
Scott Trammell, Stewardship Co-Chair